Re: partially frenched score

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: partially frenched score
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 04:47:36 -0700 (MST)

I define the following macros, which I adapted from the LSR some time ago:

/showEmptyStaff = {
  \set Staff.keepAliveInterfaces = #'(
  rhythmic-grob-interface
  multi-measure-rest-interface
  lyric-interface
  stanza-number-interface
  percent-repeat-interface)
}

unShowEmptyStaff = { \unset Staff.keepAliveInterfaces }/

I hide all empty staves as 'normal', but for the occasional instances where
I want to keep a stave alive for a while, I insert /\showEmptyStaff/. Then
/\unShowEmptyStaff/ at the end of the passage in question to revert to
normal behaviour.