Re: Cannot install lilypond on a shared Hostmonster server

From: Mike
Subject: Re: Cannot install lilypond on a shared Hostmonster server
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 21:32:09 +0000 (UTC)

Update: I have tried to build the latest tar on my system, but I got the
following errors - interestingly all to do with symlinks:

  70: extrac07.at:27     extracting symlinks to a read-only dir
      extract extract07 read-only symlink
  76: extrac13.at:26     extract over symlinks
      extract extrac13
  90: incr01.at:27       restore broken symlinks from incremental
      incremental incr01

I'll send the report to the tar people, but I suspect my system is somehow
broken at a fundamental level.
I am considering trying to install earlier versions of lilypond. Would that
help? Has the installation style changed at some point? I forgot to mention
that many years ago I was able to install it, with the same hosting provider
(though sure enough the OS has also changed since).

Thanks