Chord names

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Chord names
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:42:52 -0400

Greetings -

I'm running LY 2.19.32 under Win 7.

I'm trying to add chord names to fiddle tunes, and not having much luck. I used to add the chord names as markups on individual notes, but I was hoping chordNames would place the names all at one height, above the staff. Here's what I've tried, and it clearly does not work.

Should I be entering the chords and notes as parallel music?

How can I get the chords to appear above the staff?

I appreciate your time and attention,

Ralph

*************** begin snippet ****************

% Chord names