Re: Staff \denies

From: Kyle Shaw
Subject: Re: Staff \denies
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 14:36:56 -0500

Hi,

My sincerest apologies for this oversight. This version of the code seems to implement a Vaticana Staff, but the basic problem remains the same:

\version "2.19.42"

cue = \relative c' { g'4 a b d }

\score{

\new Staff \relative c' {

c4 d e f \new CueVoice {\set instrumentCueName = "Cue"}

\cueDuring "cue" #UP {g1}

}

\layout {

\context { \Staff \denies "CueVoice" }

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 1:53 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Kyle <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi:
>
> I'm working on an orchestral score.
> I've got all of the notes for each individual part in separate files.
> Both the full score and the part score read from these files.
> I want CueVoices to show up in the parts but not in the full score.
> I thought this would be as easy as having the Staff context of the full score
> deny the CueVoice context
> (but accept it, as it does by default, in the part score).
>
> However, this oddly creates a TabStaff (?!?) in place of a CueVoice:

If the Staff context does not accept a "CueVoice", LilyPond will search
for and create a different context that will.

> \version "2.19.42"
> \include "Cello.ily" %(blah blah ... "\new CueVoice {} \cueDuring {} " ...)
> \new Staff {\celloNotes}
> \layout {
>   \context
>   \Staff \denies "CueVoice"
> }

<http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html>

Your code needs an additional file to compile and it contains syntax
that obviously has not been tested to run.

If you don't consider your problem important enough to report it
reproducibly, chances are that people will not consider it important
enough to reply.

--
David Kastrup