Re: Staff \denies

From: Kyle Shaw
Subject: Re: Staff \denies
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 19:16:20 -0500

Thanks all! I'd forgotten about tags, this looks like it will do the job elegantly.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] here is one approach:

I'd prefer Devnull over NullVoice, no engravers there.
At least in the minimal example it makes a difference for the spacing.

> But it might be less work for LilyPond if you check out the notation
> manual about usage of \tag .

Indeed.

Additionally look out for killCues:

cue = \relative c' { s1 g'4 a b d }
\addQuote "cue" {\cue}

\new Staff \relative c' { c4 d e f \cueDuring "cue" #UP { g1 } }
\new Staff \killCues \relative c' { c4 d e f \cueDuring "cue" #UP { g1 } }

Cheers,
  Harm