Re: Lyrics in different colours

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: Lyrics in different colours
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:38:43 -0400

Oops - I did not send that to the listserv. This does that.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Jeffery Shivers <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Don,

If you're working
​in
 lyric
​mode​
 and not markups​
,
​​
you can
​​
​:​

emphasize = {
  \override Lyrics.LyricText.font-shape = #'italic
  \override Lyrics.LyricText.font-series = #'bold
}

\emphasize at the beginning of the text of your middle verse. You can change what 'emphasize' does - that's just the usage example from the documentation:

​//​

​If you're using markups:
\bold { will make all this text bold } but not this, so just make sure you encapsulate the whole body.

Which is explained better here.

​Hope that helps!​
​-j​