Re: In divisi lyrics, \skip in the top line skips two notes and causes b

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: In divisi lyrics, \skip in the top line skips two notes and causes bottom line to skip one note
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 22:00:32 +0200

Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17.06.2016 21:47, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Of course the solution is _not_ to put simultaneous music under the
>>control of \lyricsto, or the relation of "simultaneousness" will have
>>an effect _before_ \lyricsto is applied for making the combined lyrics
>>match the melody.
>
> Unfortunately, the technique of nesting \new Lyrics is from an example
> in our very own manuals, as Edward pointed out in the other subthread.

Including a \lyricto around both?  The problem is that then a \skip 1 is
only "equal" to one lyric when the lyrics all have length 1 as well
(either giving the first lyric an explicit 1, or having the preceding
entered note duration happen to be 1).

That's not all that easy to get right and explain.  Maybe we need to
figure out a different construct then.

--
David Kastrup