Re: Ukulele chords entered using < > syntax

From: Anders Eriksson
Subject: Re: Ukulele chords entered using < > syntax
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 21:24:23 +0200

On 2016-06-18 21:00, Richard Shann wrote:
With this code I get an error and the lowest (re-entrant) string is not used

\version "2.18.0"
\include "predefined-ukulele-fretboards.ly"
%\storePredefinedDiagram #default-fret-table <g' c' e' c''> #ukulele-tuning
#"o;o;o;3;"
\score
    {
        \new FretBoards {
        \set Staff.stringTunings = #ukulele-tuning
        <g' c' e' c''>

by uncommenting the line I get the fret diagram wanted.

Am I missing something, or do I need to define all the needed chords in
this way if I am to avoid using \cbordmode for entering the chords?

Lilypond doesn't handle re-entrant strings! so you need to tell Lilypond which string to use for each note (well, in just this case you only need to enter string 4 and 1 and it will figure out the rest. But I find it more logical to enter all strings...)

Strings are entered as \n where n is the string number counted from the "highest" string which usually are the one lowest down when you play.

<g'\4 c'\3 e'\2 c''\1>

// Anders