Cues recursion

From: address@hidden
Subject: Cues recursion
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 00:40:08 +0200

Hi all,

I’m preparing parts for a quite complex score, and I’m using the ‘’\add quote” command for cues.

Everything is fine until I have to quote a part that contains a cue of the same one.
For example, cues for the first violin are extracted from the second violin that in turn has cues of the first.

Lilypond enters in a sort of freezing and then return a 'malloc error’.

That makes sense to me: I figure out that it recalls an endless recursion.
I tried to use \killCues (\addQuote FirstViolinCue" { \killCues \FirstViolin}) bur it doesn’t work.

So I prepared a copy of the part to be used only as cue.

That seems to me a little convolute and, in case of changes, two copies of the same music have to be modified.

Is this the usual process for cues or am I escaping a better technique?

Thanks for any help.

Matteo