Re: bending: microtone TabNoteHeaded printed if in a chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: bending: microtone TabNoteHeaded printed if in a chord
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:50:17 +0200

Hi Federico,

> Why is the TabNoteHead printed in the attached example?
> It happens only when using a chord.

in `slur::draw-bend-arrow' there's the line
(ly:grob-set-property! right-tab-note-head 'transparent #t)
If you look at how right-tab-note-head is found, you'll notice that
the first typed note is taken and used as a starting point for the
tweaked slur and later on made transparent. Ofcourse this is not
enough while having a chord.

> A related question: if this is not a bug and I'm forced to tweak the
> transparency of the TabNoteHead, how can I save the tweak in a variable? I
> think that it's not possible and I should use a function instead, right?

I think David answered already sufficiently.
But ofcourse it is not nice to use a tweak to _repair_ buggy
behaviour, better to kill the bug.

> Harm, any ideas? (see comments in the attached file)

Should be straight-forward: make _all_ TabNoteHeads of the
target-chord transparent. See attached.
Look out for the comment:
;;;; Change next line to the (for-each ...) expression
Please note: I didn't check whether other definitions have the same weakness.

> That one's over my head without investing some time so I'll wait to see
> whether it's obvious to the authors first.

Well, I'm not the author, all merits to Marc Hohl.
Only working on it from time to time

Cheers,
  Harm