bending and line breaks [WAS:Re: Guitar bend error]

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: bending and line breaks [WAS:Re: Guitar bend error]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:21:04 +0200

Il giorno lun 20 giu 2016 alle 8:58, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> ha scritto:
But it's more a
TODO:
  - How should this feature behave at line-break?
  - Until this is cleared disable line-breaks sufficiently.

I've browsed my tablature books but could not find a bend over a line break. I've searched in the Eric Clapton "Unplugged" book (which was used as a reference when bend.ly was discussed) and could not find it. I would guess that other software try to avoid such a situation? (even though I think that this situation should be managed and not avoided)

The closest example I found (in another book) is actually a bend-tie-release (see file attached). So not a good example.

Blocked because too big. I've uploaded it here:
https://postimg.org/image/adoxhwk75/

Anyway, I would expect it to behave similarly to ties:

In the last measure of the system, where the bending starts, we should see the curved line ending with an arrow but without the steps (1/4, 1/2, 1, etc.) of the bending. In the next measure after line break we should see the curved line continuing until it reaches the pitch; the bending "step" should be printed there.

I don't know how other software behaves.
I think I'll try MuseScore as soon as I can. It seems like it supports bending:
https://musescore.org/en/handbook/bends

I'm trying MuseScore... but I'm not motivated to try to understand a software I'll never use. After a few tests I can only say that it's not a good reference at the moment.