Re: bending: microtone TabNoteHeaded printed if in a chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: bending: microtone TabNoteHeaded printed if in a chord
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:33:14 +0200

> Il giorno mar 21 giu 2016 alle 3:36, Stephen MacNeil
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>
> Nice work to those that got the "microtones" working.
>

> You must thank Harm:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4643/

It's current state was reached with
Which was v2.19.31

> Not a tab user but curious anyway, also part of my question applies to the
> standard notation.
>
> Questions:
> 1. when did this happen? I notice it works on lilybin 2.19.38 but not on
> 2.18.2, would it be hard to get that to work?

It's not hard to get and use a devel-version ;)
I can't recommend to grab the code and patch v2.18.2 with it...

> It was introduced in 2.19.31
> I think that the relevant commits are:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=issue+4643
>
> 2. there are many ways of indicating bends, some more popular then others.
> If they are clear then it's no real big issue. The type that the bend.ily or
> definitions.ily emulate typically indicates the standard notation with an up
> and down bend, and the tab usually joins 2 arrows unless the bends are not
> the same. I did a hack of this before to get it printed for a friend
>
> http://mglessons.com/lilypond/svg/Ex30.png
>
> here is an example from a book
>
> http://mglessons.com/lilypond/Jimi-H-Blues_pages_14-14.jpg
>
> the same applies for all bends microtone or not.
>
> Is this feature in the works?
>

> See also:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/1196/#d651

Well, I'm not sure it's possible by hacking slur, as done now for single arrows.
I'll have a look if I can find some spare time ...

Cheers,
  Harm