Re: Placement of Chorus for Hymn

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Placement of Chorus for Hymn
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:05:25 +0200

> Actually, no, you can't assume I haven't tried it, thank you very much.
>
> I was hoping there was a more graceful way of doing it besides using skips.
>
> But skips work.  I guess I'll just use skips.
>
> Thank you for your time.  I do appreciate the help.
>

> --

How about:

\version "2.18.2"

chorus = \new Voice = "chorus" { c'1 \break d' \break }
chorLyr = \new Lyrics \lyricsto "chorus" { cho -- rus }

verse = \new Voice = "verse" { e'2 e' \break f' f' }
verseI = \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" { verse o -- n -- e }
verseII = \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" { verse t -- w -- o }

<<
  \new Staff { \chorus \verse }
  \chorLyr
  \verseI