Re: Insert text between staves

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Insert text between staves
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:55:22 -0500

On Thu 23 Jun 2016 at 16:12:56 (-0500), Br. Gabriel-Marie | SSPX wrote:
> Well, I know how to do *that* - that is, I know how to get text
> above and below the staves.
>
> But I want text above and below the scores - sort of like a
> subtitle.
>
> At the end of each page, about 3/4 inch below the last line of
> lyrics I want to put my note (it's to say that the chorus should be
> repeated after each verse).
>
> Page1:
> Chorus
> myText
>
> Page2:
> verses
> myText

Do you have anything against just splitting off the chorus from the
verses thus:

%%%%%%%%%%
myText = \markup { \tiny \italic  "Repeat Chorus after every verse "  }

\paper { ragged-bottom = ##t }

chorus= \new Voice = "chorus" \relative c'' { g a b c d }
verses = \new Voice = "verses" \relative c'' { g a b c d }

chorusLyrics = \new Lyrics \lyricsto "chorus" {
  These are the chorus words
}
firstVerse =  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verses" {
  The words to my song
}
secondVerse =  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verses" {
  Next verse words go here
}

\score{
  <<