Re: Time signature before end of volta repeat

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Time signature before end of volta repeat
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 22:01:44 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Thanks for trying to help Federico. Does anyone else know a solution
>> to the problem below?
>

> LilyPond interprets the input successively, repeats are disregarded.
>
> So your problem can be reduced to:
> { \time 3/4 R2. \time 4/4 \time 3/4 R2. }
> where you want to print two TimeSignatures at the same musical moment.
> LilyPond will _never_ do this.
> Honestly, I've never seen this before.

To be fair, it isn't the "same musical moment" at all unless your name
is LilyPond.

> Anyway, to get it printed as you like you'll have to work around.
> Here I choosed to hack BreathingSign.
> Ofcourse it's pure graphical and you have to repeat it in any Staff:

Well, I tend to cheat with the "same musical moment" rather than the
graphics.  In this case, I'd likely use something like

\new Score \with { \numericTimeSignature }
\repeat volta 2 { c1 }
\alternative { { \time 3/4 c2. \grace { \bar "" \time 4/4 s128 } }
               { \time 3/4 c2. } }
The spacing is not perfect but not all that bad.

--
David Kastrup