Re: #(define (bookGenerator please))

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: #(define (bookGenerator please))
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:18:03 +0200

Pierre-Luc Gauthier <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> Sorry about the late follow up (about 7 months later).
>
> The orchestra I work with came down to a halt for the summer and I now
> have some time to set stuff up for the next season.
>
> Many thanks to you Urs and David; your explanations certainly helped
> me understand more of what was going on especially about quasi-quotes.
>
> Here is what I got so far.
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \version "2.19.44"

This sucks.  At least it looks like you are amicable to using recent
development versions.

Tracker issue: 4908 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4908/)
Rietveld issue: 296600043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/296600043)
Issue description:
  Make \header blocks tangible in Scheme  This treats Guile modules
  and \header blocks as more or less equivalent.  Since \header blocks
  also contain module imports that might not concur with those at the
  place of use, any use of a module in place of a \header merely
  copies the values of the module variables.  Consists of the commits:
  Admit \header-like expression into \score   Admit \header-like
  expressions in \header   Admit \header-like expressions at top
  levels  \header-like expressions are allowed at \book, \bookpart,
  and top level.   Allow \header blocks in expressions  This allows
  creating modules for further programmatic manipulation.

So you should be able to make your approach work as intended in a
reasonable amount of time.  The predicate to use for header blocks would
then be module? .

--
David Kastrup