Re: ragged-first-top effect

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: ragged-first-top effect
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 08:56:40 +0200

Am 30.06.2016 um 08:26 schrieb Knut Petersen:
> Am 29.06.2016 um 18:31 schrieb Urs Liska:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is there an automatic way to produce the opposite effect of
>> ragged-last-bottom?
>
> I don't think so.
>> I'm entering music from parts and have configured LilyPond to copy the
>> original line and page breaking so I can easily navigate visually
>> between original and LilyPond score.
>>
>> The parts I'm copying from start somewhere in the middle of the page
>> (i.e. as soon as the previous movement/composition ends), so if I have a
>> manual page break after three systems these three systems are currently
>> spaced out over the first page. What would be convenient is that the
>> systems on the first page are pushed to the bottom like I can do with
>> \vfill in LaTeX.
>
> Have a look at
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2015-01/msg00016.html
> Download the attached test.tex, run lualatex --version. If your
> lualatex is version 0.87
> or higher, add "\usepackage{shellesc}" after "\usepackage{graphicx}"
> and don't forget to
> adapt the line "\def\lilycommand{/mypath/to/lilypond }" according to
> your setup.
>
> test.tex shows how you can use individual snippets of lilypond code as
> TeX objects.
> Nothing prevents you from writing every system of your score as a
> lilyfrag block.
>
> Of course \vfill. \newpage and all other TeX commands will work as
> expected outside
> of those lilyfrag blocks.
>
> Knut

That's an interesting approach and *may* be suitable as a workaround for
the issue Simon opened and linked to earlier in this thread (at least
for some situations.

However, what I am after is something that works directly in LilyPond
because I would like to have that behaviour for the process of music
entry (to have the compiled output match the copy I'm working from.

Urs