Re: tiny function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tiny function
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 10:24:58 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Otoh, we can store things like \paper, \layout, \midi, \with and as
>> off issue 4908 even \header in variables.
>> But when called, the variable needs to be wrapped in a proper manner,
>> sometimes not. Example:
>>
>> ppr = \paper { ragged-right = ##f }
>>
>> %% works
>> \book {
>>   \paper { \ppr }
>>   { ces''1 }
>> }
>>
>> %% doesn't work
>> \book {
>>   \ppr
>>   { cis''1 }
>> }
>>
>> %% works
>> \ppr
>> { cisis''1 }
>>
>> Admittedly, this example is about \paper not \with, more, I use always
>> fixed values no function calls and other things are coming into the
>> game.
>
> Argh!
>
> This is just a bug.  It's supposed to work but apparently fails.  The
> parser obviously does all of the parsing (there is no error message) but
> the processing does not quite do the right thing.

Tracker issue: 4912 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4912/)
Rietveld issue: 299490043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/299490043)
Issue description:
  Fix output definition use in \book and \bookpart  The only explicit
  output definition blocks allowed in \book and \bookpart blocks were
  paper blocks.  Output definitions supplied with Scheme expressions
  were erroneously interpreted like global output definitions,
  accepting all output definition types and overriding the global
  defaults with them.  Now the only output definitions accepted as
  Scheme expressions are paper blocks.  As opposed to previously, they
  actually set the paper block of the respective book or bookpart.

Sometimes a bug is just a bug.

--
David Kastrup