Re: space the width of key signature

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: space the width of key signature
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 11:30:26 +0200

This kind of problems clearly shows that it would be better to have a possibility of using actual stanza numbers. I created <https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4913/>.

Best, Simon

On 01.07.2016 17:46, Br. Gabriel-Marie | SSPX wrote:
There is this one song that is in c-minor and so the key signature shows the three flat signs at the beginning of each staff.

But c-major doesn't need any extra signs.

However, I am numbering my lyrics like this so that I get numbers on every line:
\new Lyrics \with { instrumentName = "8." shortInstrumentName = "8." }

\context{
\Lyrics
% **** Verse numbering using instrumentname
\override InstrumentName.X-offset = 3
\override InstrumentName.font-size = 0
}

This puts my numbering just under the three flat signs in c-minor.

But my problem is that in c-major the lyric text overlaps the numbers.

So, how can I insert a "blank" in the staff where I'd normally have the three flats? (I'm looking in the docs at \staff and horizontal spacing....)