Re: Create custom Staff type

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Create custom Staff type
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 20:08:36 +0200

tisimst <address@hidden> writes:

> Dimitris,
>
> On Saturday, July 2, 2016, dtsmarin [via Lilypond] <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thank you, but this is not what I'm looking for.
>> I want a special type of "Engraver_group" like Staff, GrandStaff etc.
>> e.g.
>> scoreAViolaPart = \new GrandStaff \with {  \clef "alto"
>> } << \set GrandStaff.systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartSquare
>>   \new Staff = "A" << \global \scoreAViolaAI \\ \scoreAViolaAII >>
>>   \new *HiddenStaff* = "B" <<  \global \scoreAViolaBI \\ \scoreAViolaBII
>> >>

>> This way, the command \RemoveEmptyStaves will only affect the HiddenStaff
>> staves, that will have by default this command enabled.
>>
>> I hope this makes sense.
>>

> Maybe all you need is :
>
> \new Staff \with { \RemoveAllEmptyStaves } {...}

I cannot figure out at all what the original poster wants.  If your
proposal is in any way going in the direction he is aiming for, chances
are that

\layout {
  \context { \Staff
    \name "HiddenStaff"
    \alias "Staff"
    \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
  }
  \inherit-acceptability HiddenStaff Staff
}

will do what he wants with regard to an additional HiddenStaff context
(though I have no idea why one would use that name, and one may want to
do the same for \midi though without \RemoveAllEmptyStaves in order to
not have the Midi production confused by HiddenStaff).

--
David Kastrup