Position of accents and staccato outside staff and font size

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Position of accents and staccato outside staff and font size
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 05:55:57 -0400

If I make the script font size small enough to be what I want, the marks go inside the staff, which is not desired. If I place them outside the staff the only way I know how using outside-staff-priority, when using padding to align them, only the accents move, not the other script marks. This is easier to see from the ME than to explain.

Why is this? Are staccato and tent a different class of object to accents?

Andrew

== snip

\version "2.19.44"

{
  \override Script.staff-padding = #3
  \override Script.outside-staff-priority = #1
  c''4^>
  c''^.
  c''^-
  c'^.