Re: Accidental-only in figured bass

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Accidental-only in figured bass
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 14:02:03 +0200

Am 03.07.2016 um 13:44 schrieb Urs Liska:
  Vertical spaces and brackets can be included in figures:

>      \figures {
>        <[12 _!] 8 [6  4]>
>      }
>      [image src="" alt="[image of music]" text="image of music"]

OK, but then this should be disentangled: adding a vertical space but
*not* add an (undocumented) natural at the same time.

OK, obviously I have (when reading this on the phone) misunderstood what "vertical space" means - and actually I think it isn't an appropriate term but pretty misleading. A vertical space should be an empty line in the column of numbers, and it seems you can't do that, at least not with something like <7 _ 3>. You'd have to hack it using hidden BassFigureContinuation.

If "vertical space" refers to a step that isn't represented by a number but only by an accidental it should definitely be reworded (and in that case my additional paragraph omitted, of course).

I would make a suggestion but from reading that paragraph I'd definitely not understand what "vertical spaces" is intended to refer to.

Urs