Re: offset for lyrics does not offset the lyric hyphens

From: Br. Gabriel-Marie | SSPX
Subject: Re: offset for lyrics does not offset the lyric hyphens
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 21:10:57 -0500

Mr. Morley,

I want to achieve the numbering to line up at the front of the lyrics.  The script that your other self created to number the stanza lines does not line them up - it does, indeed, get the numbering, but not the justification of the numbers.

That's why I haven't given up using instrumentName for the numbering.  instrumentName will line up the numbers at the front.  (Problem with this, as I've mentioned, is that if the clef does not have the extra spacing provided by the three sharps in the key signature, then the lyrics can overlap the numbers.  )

You can see the difference here.  If the words are longer then the numbers move and don't line up with the numbers on the next staff.