Easier way to do double-quotes in lyrics?

From: BGM
Subject: Easier way to do double-quotes in lyrics?
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 14:40:44 -0700 (MST)

When we want to use a double-quote character in lyrics, we have to *remember*
to write them like this ( from the docs
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music>

):

\addlyrics { "\"I" am so lone -- "ly,\"" said she }

However, is there any easier, more memorable way to do this?
Is there a way to do this using macros?

I am thinking to do something like:
this = \lyricmode{ \dq I am happier with this \dq }
or
this = \lyricmode{ \dq This would be fine \qd }