Re: Ending Lyrics Extenders with an arrow

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Ending Lyrics Extenders with an arrow
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 21:19:26 -0500

Hi Tiresia,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Tiresia Giuno <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In a score for voice I would like to indicate the smooth transformation
> of a vowel into another one: For example the transformation from "a" to
> "e". Is there a way to end hyphen and/or extender with an arrow?
>
> I have been looking into the Documentation and on line, but I haven't
> found an answer. Any help would be very appreciated.

Arrows on lyric extenders aren't supported, unfortunately.  However...

See the attached.  I've translated the print function for
LyricExtender into Scheme and added the possibility of arrows.

You simply override LyricExtender stencil with the new procedure.

Note that you can alter arrow width and length.

HTH,
David

By the way, I am absolutely mystified by the values in lines 113-114.
I don't know if I've plugged in the right quantities, but the results
look right.