Position fingerings for diatonic accordion that include button name (not

From: Mojca Miklavec
Subject: Position fingerings for diatonic accordion that include button name (not just finger)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 11:06:15 +0200

Hello,

I'm relatively new to lilypond (and new to diatonic accordion).

I would eventually like to add more automation to write scores for accordion, but I need to start somewhere where I can at least get the desired output.

I would like to make a "fingering" sign above every single pitch, but I want to include the marking of the button that has to be pressed, not just the finger number.

Here's an example[1] of the type of scores I would want to typeset (except that these only mention the button name without the finger number):

Lilypond seems to support fingering with an easy syntax:

\version "2.18.2"
\relative c' {
  \key f \major
  { f4-2 a-3 c-4 e-5 |
    <<f,1-2 a-3>> |
    <<f2-2 a-3>>
    <<f2\finger\markup{"2/B5"} a\finger\markup{"3/B6"}>>

but the problem is that adding the button name seems non-trivial (I would probably have to figure out how to properly change the font) and might shift the label.

I want to keep all fingering marks (and button names) in the same row / at the same height. There might of course be a different number of fingers required in which case the bottom ones should remain in the same line and the others should stack on top.

Here's my first naive attempt:

\version "2.18.2"
\relative c' {
  \textLengthOn
  \key f \major
  { f4^\markup { "2.B4" }
    a^\markup { "3.B5" }
    c^\markup{ "4.B6" }
    e^\markup { "5.B7" } |
    <<f,1^\markup { \dir-column { "2.B4" "3.B5" } } a>> |
    <<f2^\markup { \dir-column { "3.B5" "2.B4" } } a>>

but it looks awful because the marking are jumping up and down (at least it's slightly better with \textLenghtOn than without it) when I would actually want to have them nicely aligned.

It would certainly be better to have a clear separation between the finger number and button name, like a different font or colour for finger number (current font for finger number is perfect, but button name probably needs a different one). But that is secondary, I first need to figure out how to align them properly. I would like to keep the two (finger number, button number) next to each other, possibly separated with a dash/dot/slash or something similar.

Maybe I could add those markings as some kind of a "separate voice", similar to lyrics, only on top?

I saw
    http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/moving-objects
but I'm too fresh to understand what it's suggesting me to do.

I would be grateful for any hints about how to achieve best results for what I want to do.

Thank you very much,
    Mojca

PS: Please CC me.

[1] from L. Slak: Čebelar