Re: Alla breve notation in Kyrie (2) from Bach's Hohe Messe

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Re: Alla breve notation in Kyrie (2) from Bach's Hohe Messe
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 20:53:07 +0200

Op 08-07-16 om 16:15 schreef David Wright:
On Fri 08 Jul 2016 at 14:50:03 (+0200), Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
I didn't have the opportunity to look at Bach's handwriting. I have
checked two edited versions. One uses 4/4, the other C (not cut C).
So I gather that's correct.
Hold on, are you saying that the second Kyrie of BWV232 is *not*
alla breve, but in 4/4 ? Any chance of knowing which versions you
consulted?