Re: Cross staff dynamics

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Cross staff dynamics
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 20:57:12 +0200

On 08.07.2016 06:16, Andrew Bernard wrote:
The workaround I have to use is to create a new voice for the bars in
question just for the dynamics. This is tedious and clutters the score
unnecessarily. For several reasons I do not want to create a dynamics
context in the score (this may be my mistake?).

Even if you don’t want a Dynamics context, I’d really suggest using an extra voice. But I don’t know if that makes it any more applicable to you.
Best, Simon

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.19.44"

treble = {
  \clef treble
  \time 1/4
  \oneVoice
  \tupletUp
  \stemUp
  \tuplet 5/4 4 {
    f'''16 g'' a' fis'' ees' |
    c'' f' f'8   \change Staff = bass \stemUp  b16 |

dynamics = {
  \time 1/4
  \dynamicDown
  s4\f\>