state-of-the-art for algorithmic hooks and Lilypond+(La)TeX

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: state-of-the-art for algorithmic hooks and Lilypond+(La)TeX
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:55:48 -0400

Hello all,

This past week, I was in Pittsburgh on music business (a long-term
commissioning project incorporating binaural recording technologies and a bunch
of other exciting stuff).

While there, I established a very strong relationship with a composer, sound
designer, and electrical engineer who loves open source music technologies. He
was thrilled to hear about Lilypond's recent improvements and successes: he
only vaguely knew about Lilypond from its very first days (having always been
heavily involved with MusiXTeX).

He is well-connected (IRCAM, UCSD, etc.etc.etc.) and quite brilliant. He’s
**extremely** interested in the possible hooks from Lilypond to algorithmic
music generation, and the interweaving of music with text (e.g., LaTeX). I’m
hoping to get him hooked on the ‘Pond, beyond the high-energy sales pitch I
gave him in person.

1. On the topic of algorithmic stuff, I sent him the link to Abjad. If there’s
a better starting place, or other links I should forward to him, please let me
know!

2. For Lilypond+(La)TeX, I want to send him to examples of the bleeding edge
(or at least most stable state-of-the-art) work in that direction. What are the
first links I should send him?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer