Re: Gould &c. question

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Gould &c. question
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:49:03 +0200

Am 11. Juli 2016 19:39:14 MESZ, schrieb Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:
>Hi Simon,
>
>> Currently, it’s beamed by half-measure, which I think impairs
>legibility, so I introduced a patch changing this to beaming by quarter
>note value (issue 4919). An earlier request for opinions didn’t harvest
>any responses – would anyone like to chime in? :-)
>
>1. I prefer the beams in quarters; or, at the very least, the 16th
>broken/subdivided by quarters.

+1

>2. Does Urs’s recent work have any bearing on this?

Apart from the fact that it hasn't progressed to a patch even?

The autobeaming decisions are out of the scope of what I was working on (these
decisions have already been made by then).

But such a subdivision rule could be part of it, yes.
BTW: I would like to change the default behaviour to have subdivisions turned
on - an idea that Elaine Gould explicitly endorsed.

Urs