Re: Gould &c. question

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Gould &c. question
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:27:50 +0200

On 11.07.2016 22:33, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 7/11/16 7:54 AM, "Simon Albrecht" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

what do the authorities say on beaming something like this:

%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.45"
{
   \time 2/2
   \repeat unfold 4 { \tuplet 6/4 { c16 e g c' g e } }
}

Currently, it¹s beamed by half-measure, which I think impairs
legibility, so I introduced a patch changing this to beaming by quarter
note value (issue 4919).
The authorities say to beam by the beat, which is the half measure.  I
think that's why the default is what it is.

However, somewhere one has to draw the line – it’s certainly not an option to have 16 32nd notes beamed together (unless subdivided). And I’d draw it just below 16th notes.

Best, Simon