Re: realtimeMIDI2LilyPond / realtimeMIDI2MusicXML

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: realtimeMIDI2LilyPond / realtimeMIDI2MusicXML
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 11:54:01 +0200

Hi,

frescobaldi does step-recording, I just tried it, works fine here :-)

grtz,

Bart

Hi!

Does somebody have experiences with inputting voices via MIDI? I know
that several programs exist with which you can enter music (to Finale-
or Sibelius-output or to MusicXML) by step-recording. But is there a
(good) program which allows you to record the music with your
midi-keyboard and get a .ly-output?
The main problem seems to be the rhythmic imprecision of humans playing
the piano. Is there a program which deals with that? If there is no such
program do you know attempts to write it?

Thanks

Jonathan