Re: Beam direction property

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Beam direction property
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:35:44 -0400

Hi Abraham,

Thanks for the suggestion. Since lilypond internals are not documented nicely, in terms of plain examples and behaviour, you just have to use trial and error to code these things (unless there is a Secret Book I am unaware of…). Using the beam seems to work better for the right hand case nad for my way of doing it, for reasons too long to explain just here. I still need to know what the Beam.direction property is, and why it can’t be set, and what it represents. It is this sort to information that that NR and IR lack, frustratingly,

Things like knowing a beam has a stems object. How does one find out about things like this, without reading al the source code, and trying to figure  that out?

I do need the beam information and understanding because there are other beam modifications I want to make as well involving changing the beam shape in certain ways.

Andrew