Re: \accidentalStyle for common choir notation

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: \accidentalStyle for common choir notation
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:03:42 -0500

On Thu 14 Jul 2016 at 19:07:41 (+0200), Jonathan Scholbach wrote:
> Sorry, guys, for being so rude. But can we talk about LP-features instead of
> arguing about best-practice-typesetting? That would be nice :)
> To me, this discussion is somewhat obsolete. A good program should leave the
> decision to the user. And that's where LP is failing at the moment, cause
> user cannot choose the option very many - not to say: the very most -
> engravers of choir scores opted for.

I apologise for fighting your corner.

> \accidentalStyle piano works in GrandStaff, but is needed in ChoirStaff. So
> can somebody please be so kind to invest her energy, time and skills into
> this problem instead of wasting her capacities in a discussion about a
> question which is at least in part a matter of personal taste? I tried to
> manipulate the scm/music-functions.scm but, since I do not understand it,
> without success.

I don't know whether my contribution could persuade Phil that
reputable publishers print what he, as a singer, might find
confusing. However, as a LP Main Developer and a member of the
Bug Squad, he might be the sort of person to be able to make
such a that change if he was won over.

> Thank you ever so much for your help,

If you mean for the workaround, HTH, thanks.

Cheers,
David.