Independent Repeat Spanner

From: dtsmarin
Subject: Independent Repeat Spanner
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 05:14:55 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I'm trying to create an independent repeat spanner. (see attached)
rep_spanner.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192713/rep_spanner.png>

There are several ways to notate what I'm looking for but the same
principles are applied.

Obviously my code kinda works but it's not easily configurable, I use this
quite a lot and it has been a painful experience for me so I thought you
could help me with this.

To become usable it has to do the following things:
a) insert the repeat brackets/barlines automatically
b) insert the spanner right after the right Rep bracket
c) have an arrow when the spanner is broken:  broken_spanner.jpg
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192713/broken_spanner.jpg>
d) have an input method like this:
c4 \start Rep IndRep d8e d4 ees \stop IndRep\startRepSpanner ......
\stopRepSpanner #10 <-- padding value so that you can adjust the distance
between the spanner and the following note. (I don't expect this to be auto
it's probably a lot to ask, that's just a tidy way of overriding the
padding.)

These codes might be a good starting point:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/input/regression/d0/lily-abd04ca7.ly
accordion2.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192713/accordion2.ly>
lutoslawski_repetion_spanner_code.ly