Re: Independent Repeat Spanner

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Independent Repeat Spanner
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 04:58:51 -0700 (MST)

dtsmarin wrote
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create an independent repeat spanner. (see attached)
> rep_spanner.png
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192713/rep_spanner.png>
>
> There are several ways to notate what I'm looking for but the same
> principles are applied.
>
> Obviously my code kinda works but it's not easily configurable, I use this
> quite a lot and it has been a painful experience for me so I thought you
> could help me with this.
>
> To become usable it has to do the following things:
> a) insert the repeat brackets/barlines automatically
> b) insert the spanner right after the right Rep bracket
> c) have an arrow when the spanner is broken:
> broken_spanner.jpg
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192713/broken_spanner.jpg>
> d) have an input method like this:
> c4 \start Rep IndRep d8e d4 ees \stop IndRep\startRepSpanner ......
> \stopRepSpanner #10 <-- padding value so that you can adjust the distance
> between the spanner and the following note. (I don't expect this to be
> auto it's probably a lot to ask, that's just a tidy way of overriding the
> padding.)

I worked on this a long while ago.  My focus was on boxes with extender
lines and timings, but there
is an option to use barlines.  Not real barlines, simulated ones.

This code might be far more than you want, though it does have limitations.
The biggest one (other than "simulated barlines") is that it
won't work with patterns occupying more than one staff.  (I would love to
have a mentor with this one.)

So...for what it's worth, see the attached.

> lutoslawski_repetion_spanner_code.ly
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192713/lutoslawski_repetion_spanner_code.ly>

I can't compile this file as there are several undefined functions.

Best,
David

frameEngraver-bars-and-boxes.ily
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192751/frameEngraver-bars-and-boxes.ily>

frameEngraver-boxes-and-repeats-example.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n192751/frameEngraver-boxes-and-repeats-example.ly>