Start music at specified measure without having to fill the previous.

From: dtsmarin
Subject: Start music at specified measure without having to fill the previous.
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 08:40:27 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I'm working with a lot of time signature changes and it's very frustrating
to calculate all the rests needed to fill the measures before.
Is it possible to tell Lilypond start inserting music after a specified
number of measures even if they have different time signatures?

I'm sorry if this ability already exists, I couldn't find any info about it.

Best,
Dimitris