Behaviour of \paper and \layout in ly:book-process

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Behaviour of \paper and \layout in ly:book-process
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 12:40:01 +0200

I am once more experimenting with ly:book-process. The background is
that I have managed to generate my complete score within a Scheme
function, but now I need the function to produce more than just one
\score (namely an alternation between multiple scores and top-level
markups).

But it seems somewhat unpredictable how the \paper and \layout blocks
behave.

In the following example the \paper block is not respected while the
\layout block is:

\version "2.19.45"

engrave =
#(define-void-function ()()
(let*
  ((book
    #{
      \book {
        \markup "Movement title (to be generated)"
        \score {
          \new Staff { c' d' }
    #}))
  (ly:book-process
   book
   #{
     \paper {
       indent = 0\cm
     }
   #}
   #{
     \layout {
       \context {
         \Score {
           \override NoteHead.color = #blue
   #}
   (ly:parser-output-name (*parser*)))))

\engrave

However, in my actual file the \layout block isn't respected either.

I can't give more details about the latter issue right now, but if I get
the first issue sorted out (which works with the MWE) I might get an
idea to get a step further with that.

Thanks for any hints
Urs