Cross staff stems between notes of different durations

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Cross staff stems between notes of different durations
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 23:45:51 +1000

If one wants to have cross staff stems between notes of different
durations, found often in the contemporary music I set, is there a
lilypond setting of some sort to do this? Currently I have to use the
technique shown in the MWE here. This works fine - it is just when
there are a large number of these occurrences it becomes tedious.

Andrew

== snip

\version "2.19.45"

treble = {