Re: Slur over single note?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Slur over single note?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 09:48:15 +0200

Am 20.07.2016 um 04:26 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
All the rest of the signs are phrasing slurs in this snippet. I would say it’s also a phrasing slur, and not a mistake or error.

I disagree. I have skimmed through the whole score, and I'm still nearly sure (maybe now 98.5 % instead of merely 98 %) that this is an engraving error.

If I'm not mistaken this is a piano reduction?
If that's the case i'd assume there's a tied note or two slurred ones in an instrumental part here.

I see two options here, depending on what you want with this score:

1 (the scholarly approach):
Get hold of the full score and see if there's a part that warrants the slur/tie. If you find somethign adjust the thing accordingly.

2 (the flashy approach):
Use the scholarLY package and produce a nice annotation with footnote.
See attached input and result files.

Of course you can base 2) on the results of 1)

Best
Urs

The Peter Pan score seems to be full of such _descriptive_ indications. Not all scores are entirely _prescriptive_.

Andrew