Create a \bookpart in a Scheme function

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Create a \bookpart in a Scheme function
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:03:29 +0200

Hi all,

one more of my recent confusing ideas: I would like to generate a number of \bookpart-s in a Scheme function. The reason is that I have to loop over a number of works and create scores for them that are in a bookpart each.

Attached is something that resembles the structure I have in my actual files.

I successfully factored out the bookpart to an includable file. With this I can produce multiple scores. However, it would be better to have that factored out to a function because I have to set some values to select which score to create, and this would be more natural to do as function arguments rather than setting global variables and reading that from the code that generates the scores.

As the files are they compile finely, but when I uncomment the \makeBookpart call I get

/home/uliska/Aktuell/lily/bookpart-in-scheme-function/main.ly:23:9: error: bad _expression_ type

\makeBookpart

/home/uliska/Aktuell/lily/bookpart-in-scheme-function/main.ly:14:2: error: error in #{ ... #}

# (let* errors. Any suggestions how I can make the outer construct handle a bookpart returned from a function? Thanks Urs