Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other RehearsalMark items?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 00:27:45 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I’ve got Lilypond note code which I want to reuse in multiple formats; for
> example, I have musical theatre songs which I would like to have in their
> original score format (using my custom musical theatre
> templates/stylesheets), and then republish in “Piano/Vocal Selections” form
> (think Hal Leonard stylesheet).
>
> The global variable includes RehearsalMarks: score-wide text(s), signs (e.g.,
> “D.C. al Coda”), rehearsal letters, and so on. In the songbook version, I’d
> like to filter out the letters only, without having to use tags if possible.
> I haven’t found any way of adjusting Score.markFormatter to accomplish the
> desired effect. I tried adding
>
> (define-public (format-mark-null mark context)
>   (make-null-markup))
>
> to scm/translation-functions.scm, but it throws an error. Is there an
> incantation (either existing or easily added) that will accomplish what I
> need?
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.

Hi Kieren,

\version "2.19.45"

#(define (format-mark-null mark context)
  (make-null-markup))

myLayout =
\layout {
  \context {
  \Score
  markFormatter = #format-mark-null

mus = {
  R1 \mark \default
  \mark "foo"
  \mark \default
  \mark "bar"
}

\score {
  \mus
  \layout {}
}

\score {
  \mus
  \layout { \myLayout }
}

works for me. Not sure it's really what you want, though.

Cheers,
  Harm