Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other RehearsalMark items?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 07:04:49 +0200

> Hi Harm,
>
>> #(define (format-mark-null mark context)
>>  (make-null-markup))
>
> Could you please explain in Scheme-noob terms why/how this differs
> from my attempt (other than the obvious: that yours works and mine
> doesn’t)?

You don't show an actual diff.  You don't show the error message.  You
don't show how you use your code.

I think Harm's example was supposed to demonstrate that there is nothing
basically wrong with the approach, so his example _intentionally_ does
not differ from the few details you volunteer.

So your problem must be in the many details you omit.  Non-ASCII
characters, non-matching parens, spurious characters, whatever.

And of course, modifying LilyPond itself is always a bad idea since your
changes will disappear come next upgrade.

--
David Kastrup