Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: can Score.markFormatter be [globally] blanked, independent of other RehearsalMark items?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 07:32:52 -0400

Hi David,

> "restart"?  LilyPond is a batch program so you need to "restart" it for every
> try anyway.

That’s what I thought; thanks for the confirmation.

> If you taught Frescobaldi to call a particular version of LilyPond
> depending on the \version header, that is what will happen, and every
> installed version has its own scm/ directory it uses.

Bingo! Because Lilypond dev versions are upgraded so quickly and regularly (for
which I am very grateful), I have recently taken to using

  \version “2.19"

rather than (e.g.)

  \version “2.19.46"

in my .ly files; this saves me changes across many, many files when I have to
roll back one or more versions from the bleeding edge (which is often enough,
given how mission-critical my Lilypond work is).

Looking at the full log (i.e., not just the chunk related to the precise error)
in this case, I now see that Frescobaldi was (unbeknownst to me) using .43 to
compile the file, whereas I was [intentionally] modifying the scm/ files in the
.46 folder.

Adjusting for that difference, my original code works as desired/expected… and
so I feel a little better about my Scheme work, though a little less good about
my Frescobaldi/Lilypond work.

Many thanks to all,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer