Re: LilyPond logo?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: LilyPond logo?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 11:03:42 -0400

Hi Malte,

The concept is fine I am sure, but the execution difficult, and acceptance problematical. Take for example the massive amount of work that went into, just by way of pertinent example, the Creative Commons logo:

Logo design is fraught with difficulty, and you will inevitably end up with something half the population does not like - visual matters are very personal (for example, I think the Creative Commons logo is appalling, could have been designed by a child, and does nothing for me to enhance the brand. But others think it is so wonderful they wear it on shirts and shave it into their hair. Just goes to illustrate my point.)
Andrew