"merge" \layout definitions

From: Urs Liska
Subject: "merge" \layout definitions
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 22:50:52 +0200

Hi again,

I have the problem that I (seem to) have to "merge" an unknown number of \layout {} blocks.

I create several such block independently in different included files (e.g. one for part generation and one global for the edition project as a whole). And as everthing is working within one Scheme function and the actual engraving is done with ly:book-process I can't write the \layout blocks as top-level expressions.

I thought I'm clever and use the #@ construct to output them as a list but (of course) this results in *two* layout blocks being present in the \score block - and consequently the score being printed twice.

I think the attached example is a correct reduction of my actual set-up to a MWE.

AFAICS I need one out of two solutions:

  • "merging" several \layout {} blocks so there is only one left in the \score block
  • somehow apply \layout blocks independently as top-level expressions, but from within a Scheme function.

Any ideas?

Best
Urs