Re: Polymetric notation

From: Evan O'Dorney
Subject: Re: Polymetric notation
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 17:25:17 -0700

It should be 4/19 (the ratio of the old and new bar lengths), and the affected measure(s) should be enclosed in braces like so:

\new Staff {
    \time 4/4
    \omit Score.TimeSignature
    \scaleDurations 4/19 {
      \repeat unfold 6 { c4 c2 } c4
    }
    R1 \fermataMarkup
}

Since you're hiding time signatures, the \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction command is superfluous.

HTH,
Evan