Re: angled bar lines

From: Philip (Michael) Dykes
Subject: Re: angled bar lines
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 08:37:06 -0400

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:43:10 -0400
From: "Philip (Michael) Dykes" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Angled bar lines

Hi I need to get a section at the beginning of a piece of liturgical
music I have (Only Begotten Son) in which /*sometimes*/ a certain thing
is sung but /not /normally sung indicated. The typical manner I have
seen this done is via the use of angled bar lines the same as that of
the angled repeat bar lines I have seen in frescobaldi and such but
without the repeat signs. Is there a way to do that? I really hope there
is.

Thanks,

-Michael Dykes
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 8
Hi I need to get a section at the beginning of a piece of liturgical
music I have (Only Begotten Son) in which /*sometimes*/ a certain thing
is sung but /not /normally sung indicated. The typical manner I have
seen this done is via the use of angled bar lines the same as that of
the angled repeat bar lines I have seen in frescobaldi and such but
without the repeat signs. Is there a way to do that? I really hope there
is.
You have to define your own bar line style using \defineBarLine:

\version "2.18.2"

\defineBarLine "[" #'("|" "[" ".")
\defineBarLine "]" #'("]" "" ".")

\relative {
   c'1 \bar "[" c \bar "]" \break
   c \bar "[" \break
   c \bar "]" c

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for!

-MD