Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above st

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above strings
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:29:41 +0100

At 16:30 on 12 Aug 2016, Thomas Weber wrote:
>There are two things about rehearsal marks in orchestral scores I'd
>like to know about.
>
>Firstly, how can I separate rehearsal marks (and other structural
>stuff like \break or \pageBreak) from the actual musical content?  Can
>I somehow add a virtual staff to carry the rehearsal mark
>information?  I think I remember seeing something like that before,
>but I can't seem to find any documentation about it.

Yes, the standard solution is to use a global variable which contains
things like rehearsal and tempo marks, meter changes, etc.

>Secondly, how can I make rehearsal marks appear both on the very top
>staff and the top staff of the strings?  As far as I can see,
>rehearsal marks will always be put at the very top staff.

See this snippet http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1010 which defines
a custom context to achieve this.

Note this currently doesn't work well in a frenched score as the
MarkLine context can't know if the staves below it are still alive.
However I have just submitted a potential fix for this, see here
https://codereview.appspot.com/308910043/ for its progress.

--
Mark Knoop