Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above st

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above strings
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:58:10 -0700

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 10:58:08PM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:21:22 -0700
> "H. S. Teoh" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >     global = {
> >             \tempo "Allegro" 4 = 120
> >             s1*16
> >             \mark "A"
> >             s1*16
> >             \tempo "Largo" 4 = 45
> >             s1*16
> >             \mark "B"
> >             s1*32
> >             ... % etc.
> >     }
>
> Now if this would work with repeats and midi...
[...]

For midi, I generally recommend making a separate score dedicated for
midi, that's apart from the layout score. What I usually do is something
along these lines:

        fluteIPart = { ... }
        fluteIIPart = { ... }
        oboeIPart = { ... }
        oboeIIPart = { ... }

        % Score for layout only
        \score {
                <<
                        \new ScoreMarks { \global }
                        \new StaffGroup <<
                                \new Staff {
                                        \partcombine \fluteIPart \fluteIIPart
                                }
                                \new Staff {
                                        \partcombine \oboeIPart \oboeIIPart
                                }
                                ... % etc.

                \layout {}
        }

        % Score for midi only
        \score {
                <<
                        \new Staff << \global \fluteIPart >>
                        \new Staff << \global \fluteIIPart >>
                        \new Staff << \global \oboeIPart >>
                        \new Staff << \global \oboeIIPart >>
                        ... % etc.

                \midi {}

Try to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out. -- theboz